Your brand represents the heart and soul of your company and as such should be developed with great care and detail.
We don’t believe in just creating a logo design, or simply choosing fonts and colours that look nice, we respect the process that is tailored to every company and culminates in a wholistic brand package that people are drawn to.
Here we outline our process, the end products and why you should choose COAST for your branding project.
Step 1. Strategy Session
Our Aim: To gain a broad understanding of your business, we run through an in-house brand positioning workshop considering:
- Business overview
- Goals you have
- Map your competitors/clients.
- Broad industry overview
- Initial ideas: fonts, colours, likes/dislikes
- Mood-board of idea’s
- Word cloud Generation
Step 2. Research Phase
Our Aim: To cultivate as many potential ideas as possible.
- First we start with a word cloud
- We brainstorm through creative thinking and drawings
- Thorough research and analysis (competitors, clients, stakeholders etc.)
- More creative thinking – drawing ideas
- Inspiration collecting (filing away)
Step 3. Brand Mark Generation
Our Aim: To produce a range of diverse concepts.
- COAST design meeting debrief after workshop
- Creative concepting
- Review ALL previous ideas and thoughts and cull
- Turn a mood-board of very different ideas into concepts to present to you
- In situ example creation e.g. business cards, shirts, signage.
Step 4. Refinements
Our Aim: To refine Logo designs following the joint concept meeting with you.
- Refine chosen concepts (from the meeting)
- Add colour and supporting elements (based off mood-board feedback)
- Produce a polished concept and in situ mockups
Step 5. Final Delivery
Our Aim: Craft chosen concept into a final branding package through detail driven design.
- Refine brand mark details (letter kerning, exact CMYK/Pantone colours.)
- Create logo variations & test logo variations across different in situ scenarios
- Finalise colour palette
- Finalise fonts
- Finalise imagery
- Build Brand Guidelines document
5 tips for creating a meaningful brand & Logo Design
1. MAKE IT APPEALING
This sounds easy right? Everyone wants a logo thats appealing, but to ensure your brand is not only on-trend and is effective is to know your target market. Your not selling to anyone and everyone, your designing your brand for potential clients.
2. TARGETED FOR YOUR MARKET
Just because you love fluro pink and comic sans it doesn’t mean they’re right for a law firm. You need to ensure the look and feel for your brand suits the market your targeting.
3. KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)
This is an age old saying, but it rings true! The most effective and iconic brands keep it simple! Think Coca Cola, Nike, Chanel.. all avoid complex image based designs.
4. LEAVE A LASTING IMPRESSION
At COAST we get to know you and your business to ensure that we can find a way through your brand mark to leave a lasting impression. Think of icons and imagery instead of letters, or clever ways to represent what you do without literally piling a collage of images on a page. Think unique, relevant and practical.
5. PRACTICALITY IS PARAMOUNT
Practicality is paramount! If it can’t easily be reversed on a dark background then it doesn’t work. If you can’t scale it to fit on a business card it isn’t practical and in some instances your logo design may be used by others and hence needs to be be able to apply in a wide range of mediums.
LOGO DESIGN COFFS HARBOUR | LOGO DESIGN PORT MACQUARIE
Let’s get started!
Fill out the form below and one of our branding experts will be in touch, alternatively you call us on (02)66516 733